Official Rules NO PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER
. A PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING. Agreement to Official Rules
. Participation in the “Ameritech and Swig Nurse’s Day Celebration Contest” (the “Contest”) constitutes Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these rules (the “Official Rules”) and the decisions of Sponsor (as defined below), which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. The Contest is sponsored by Ameritech College LLC, 12257 S Business Park Dr., Suite 100, Draper, Utah 84020. Odds
. The odds of winning the Contest will depend on the number of eligible entries received and the contest winner will be selected based on criteria described below, not at random. Eligibility
. Natural persons who are legal residents of, and physically located within the State of Utah and who are of the legal age of 18 at time of entry are eligible to enter the Contest. Winners must be nurses currently licensed in the State of Utah. The Contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law. The Contest is sponsored by Sponsor. All the directors, trustees, officers, employees, and agents of Sponsor, and of its subsidiaries, affiliates, sales representatives, website administrators, advertising and Contest agencies, and any immediate family members (spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and those living in the same household (whether related or not) of any of the foregoing, are not eligible to participate in the Contest. Contest Period
. The Contest entry period will run from 12:01 a.m. Mountain Time (“MT”) on April 19, 2021 until 11:59 p.m. MT on April 25, 2021 (the “Contest Period”) and consists of two (2) phases as set forth in the chart below:
|Phase||Start Date (at 12:00:00 AM MT)||End Date (at 11:59:59 PM MT)|
|Submission (the “Submission Phase”)||April 19, 2021||April 25, 2021|
|Judging (the “Judging Phase”)||April 26, 2021||April 30, 2021|
Sponsor’s computer shall be the official time-keeping device for the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to, and may at any time and with or without advance notice, change, extend, or adjust the Contest Period and/or any of the start dates or end dates for any of the Contest Period phases. How to Enter
. To enter the Contest, during the Contest Period an Entrant must submit the name of one nurse who is practicing in the State of Utah (an Entrant may submit his or her own name) and in the Entrant’s estimation has made significant positive influence on the community (each, a “Nominee”), with the email address and/or telephone number of the Nominee and a brief description of one or more of the following: (i) the Nominee’s contribution and impact in the community, (ii) demonstration of care and compassion by the Nominee as a nurse, or (iii) the Nominee exemplifying the highest standards of the nursing profession. The Entrant must upload the entry to Sponsor’s Twitter page at https://twitter.com/ameritechedu, Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/AmeritechCollege, Instragram page at https://www.instagram.com/ameritechedu/, Linked-In Page at https://www.linkedin.com/school/ameritech-college-of-healthcare or at the website www.Ameritech.edu/Swig.com (each, a “Page”) (each, an “Entry”). The Sponsor will advertise the Contest on certain social media accounts, but will not accept entries which come in the form of comments on social media posts. The winning Entry in the Contest may be used by Sponsor in advertising and promotion efforts determined by Sponsor in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- Submission Phase. To participate in the Contest, during the Submission Phase eligible Entrants (each, an “Entrant”) must: (i) visit a Page, (ii) enter the Contest through the “Ameritech Nurse Celebration Day Contest Entry” Contest Tab on the Page, (iii) complete and submit the entry form with Entrant’s valid name, date of birth, mail address, telephone number, and e-mail address; and (iv) follow the instructions to submit one (1) name and email address (if known) and a brief description of an influencing Nominee. Except as otherwise provided in these Official Rules, all Entries, submissions, and requests become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Each Entrant may submit one (1) Entry per person during the Contest Period. In the event of a dispute as to any Entry submitted, Entries submitted will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. Proof of being the authorized account holder may be required. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to the e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
- Pre-Screening of all Entries. By completing the Contest entry form and submitting the Entry, Entrant agrees that each Entry conforms to the Entry Restrictions (as described below) and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may remove any Entry and disqualify Entrant from the Contest if it believes that a Nominee does not meet the requirements of this Contest or that any Entry otherwise fails to conform to the Entry Restrictions or is not in compliance with these Official Rules. If Entrant’s Entry is rejected, Entrant may have another opportunity to upload a new Entry until the earlier of its acceptance by Sponsor or the end of the Submission Phase.
- Judging Phase. During the Judging Phase, a committee of judges selected by the Contest sponsor (the “Judging Committee”) will select the winning Nominee from among properly submitted Entries. Entrants are forbidden to contact Sponsor or any member of its judging committee during or after the Contest Period regarding the Contest. Judging of Nominees from the Entries will be based upon the criteria set forth below:
- Nominee’s impact on community – 25%
- Nominee’s exemplification of excellence in the nursing profession – 25%
- Nominee demonstration of caring and compassion as a nurse – 25%
- Nominee consent to a media release/interview – 25%
After completion of the Contest Period and judging, Sponsor will notify the winner Nominee by e-mail or telephone call and may post the winning Nominee from submitted Entries on the Page. Any winning Nominee must agree to media coverage in order to win a prize. No Entrant is entitled to notice of the winner Nominee.
- Additional Terms and Conditions. By entering the Contest and submitting any Entry as described above, Entrant agrees to comply with all applicable terms of service, privacy policies and applicable terms and conditions of each of Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn. There is no cost to create any non-private account, follow Sponsor, or download any mobile application of any of Facebook, Instagram or LinkedIn. Note that Entrant’s wireless service provider may charge the Entrant for applicable data charges. Entrants should consult their wireless service providers regarding pricing plans. Message and data rates may apply. Entrants should review their mobile device’s capabilities for specific application instructions. If it is discovered that an Entrant has registered or attempted to register more than once or make more than one nomination of a Nominee during the Contest Period using multiple social accounts, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, and/or multiple identities, Entrant’s Contest entry will be declared null and void. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant’s Entry or other material submitted or uploaded that does not meet the requirements of these Official Rules and the Entry Restrictions set forth below. Multiple nominations or Entries received from any person or e-mail address in excess of the stated limit will be void. Any attempt by Entrant to make more than the stated limit of nominations or Entries by any fraudulent or inappropriate means, including without limitation, trading votes or offering prizes or other inducements to members of the public as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, by using any automated program, by using multiple/different e-mail addresses, identifies, registrations and logins, or any other methods, will void those submissions for Entrant, and Entrant may be disqualified as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
The following restrictions (the “Entry Restrictions”) apply with respect to any Entry or other material submitted by any Entrant to the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entry for any reason, in its sole and absolute discretion, including its determination in its sole discretion that an Entry fails to satisfy any of the following requirements.
- No Entry shall contain language that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous.
- No Entry shall contain language that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- No Entry shall contain material that violates or infringes another’s right, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement.
- No Entry shall contain any identifiable names or markings of any third-party (e.g., logos or trademarks) other than the name and email address of the Nominee and the Ameritech name.
- No Entry shall contain copyrighted materials or original works of authorship owned by others.
- If any Entry appears to duplicate any other Entry or if multiples of the same Entry are submitted, only one (1) Entry will be considered and all others will not be eligible or accepted.
- Other than the name and email address of the Nominee or as otherwise required, no Entry shall contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers or street address.
- The Entry shall not communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or good will to which Sponsor wishes to associate.
The Entry shall not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any statement where the Entry was created. Winner Requirements
. By entering the Contest, each Entrant agrees that the Judging Committee’s decisions regarding the winning Entry and in regard to all related matters (including, without limitation, eligibility) shall be final and binding in all respects. Each Entrant understands that only Nominees are eligible to receive prizes hereunder, regardless of whether Nominees are also Entrants. Submission of an Entry does not make the Entrant eligible to receive a prize. Each potential winner will be notified by e-mail or by telephone and will be required to execute and may be required to return an affidavit of eligibility/liability release and assignment of intellectual property rights. If such potential winner Nominee declines in writing to accept a prize or does not provide consent to a media release/interview, such documents are not returned within the specified time period, prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, the Sponsor is unable to contact a potential winner within a reasonable time period, or a potential winner is not otherwise in compliance with these Official Rules, the prize will be forfeited and, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion and time permitting, Sponsor may select an alternate winning Nominee from all remaining eligible Entries. Prizes will be fulfilled approximately thirty (30) business days after the conclusion of the Contest. Limit one (1) prize per Nominee. Prize.
Three winners will receive a prize of Swig drinks for a year (which is defined as a 44 ounce drink ($3.50 value) six days per week for 52 weeks). The winning Nominee must acknowledge that he or she is ultimately responsible for all federal, state and local taxes due in relation to the prize. Approximate retail value of the prize is $1,100 USD. Gift card prizes are subject to terms and conditions of the applicable gift card. All prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty, guarantee or representations, either express or implied by Sponsor. No interest will be paid on any prize. All costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided are the sole responsibility of the winning Nominee. Prizes are non-transferable and non-assignable, with no cash redemptions or substitutions, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. There will be no substitutions for any prize except by Sponsor who reserves the right to substitute a prize with one of comparable or greater value at their sole discretion. Other restrictions may apply. How to Claim Prize.
After the judging phase of the Contest Period, Sponsor will notify the potential winner Nominee via e-mail or telephone at the e-mail address and/or telephone number provided to Sponsor at the time of Entry. Before being declared a winner, each potential winner may be required to sign and execute an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability & Publicity Release and tax acknowledgment (“Affidavit”). If requested, each potential winner will be required to return a fully executed Affidavit to the Sponsor or its authorized designee within three (3) calendar days from the date it is postmarked as being sent to the potential winner or the prize may (in Sponsor’s sole discretion) be forfeited.
Sponsor will attempt to notify the potential winners as set forth above, but Sponsor is not responsible for any undelivered e-mails, including without limitation e-mails that are not received because of a winner’s privacy or spam filter settings which may divert any Contest e-mail, including any winner notification e-mail, to a spam or junk folder. Warranty
. By entering the Contest, each Entrant represents, warrants and covenants that (a) each Entry is the Entrant’s original work and does not infringe upon or otherwise violate any right of any third party, including any copyright, trademark or other intellectual property rights, (b) each Entry has not been previously published, (c) each Entry complies in all respects with the Entry Restrictions and these Official Rules, and (d) the Entrant has the right and power to enter the Contest and perform all the Contest obligations. Ownership/Use Rights.
SUBMISSION OF ENTRIES AND ANY COPYRIGHTED OR COPYRIGHTABLE WORK OR DESIGNS OR OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY CONTAINED THEREIN, IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES ENTRANT’S IRREVOCABLE AND EXCLUSIVE ASSIGNMENT, CONVEYANCE, AND TRANSFERENCE TO SPONSOR OF ALL RIGHT, TITLE, AND INTEREST OF SUCH ENTRIES AND ANY OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY CONTAINED THEREIN, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION COPYRIGHTS, and the Entrant agrees that Entrant (or any other third party) does not retain any rights to such Entries or other materials. Entrant agrees to execute such assignment or other documents as are necessary to enforce the rights of the Sponsor granted herein without any compensation of any kind to Entrant, his/her successors or assigns, or any other entity. By entering the Contest, the Entrant agrees that the Sponsor shall have the right, but not the obligation, to edit, remove, modify, publish, license, print, transmit, display or otherwise use any submitted Entry via all forms of media now known or hereafter devised worldwide, in perpetuity, without notice, attribution or compensation to Entrant, his/her successors or assigns, or any other entity, except where prohibited by law. Entrant waives any retained rights of attribution, privacy, publicity, withdrawal, integrity or other moral or personal rights in the Entry and other related materials. All Entries and other submitted materials become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned to any Entrant. If Sponsor requests the Entrant’s cooperation in promoting the Contest, the Entrant agrees to reasonably be available for such promotional activities. Privacy.
By participating in the Contest, each Entrant authorizes Sponsor to collect, use, process, transfer, and store all data provided by such Entrant, including without limitation personal data, in and to the United States or any location(s) throughout the world that Sponsor deems necessary, whether within Entrant’s country of residence or elsewhere, and with such party/parties as Sponsor deems appropriate, for purposes of administration of the Contest. All information submitted to Sponsor as part of this Contest will be treated in accordance with Sponsor’s privacy statement, available at https://www.ameritech.edu/privacy/. Personal information will be used only to: (a) provide information about the Contest; (b) contact and publicize potential winners; and/or (c) if an Entrant selects to receive additional information from Sponsor on the entry form, to send additional information to that Entrant during or after the Contest Period. Entrants to the Contest may be given the option to receive commercial e-mails from Sponsor; however, eligibility to participate in the Contest is not dependent upon the Entrant’s consent to receive such e-mails. Entrants must fully complete and submit all non-optional data requested on the online entry form to be eligible. Entrants have the right to withdraw and correct data, and then may re-submit their entries. Directions on procedures for submitting corrections to personal data are provided in the privacy statement of Sponsor. Release and Limitations on Liability
. By participating in the Contest, Entrants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor and each of its respective affiliates, sales representatives, distributors, licensees, agents, advertising and Contest agencies, and all directors, trustees, officers and employees of any of the foregoing entities (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest, or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, misdirected, incorrect, garbled, or incompletely received entries; (e) errors in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Entrant's participation in the Contest or acceptance, receipt, use, or misuse of any prize; or travel to any Contest-related events; and (g) any claims based on publicity rights, copyright/trademark infringement, intellectual property rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. In the event that Entrant breaches any of these Official Rules, Released Parties shall be entitled to and may seek indemnification from Entrant for recovery of all legal fees, damages, costs, claims and other expenses that may be incurred by Released Parties as a result of the aforementioned breach. Entrant further agrees to release the Released Parties and their designees and assigns from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, for any claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Contest or acceptance, possession, or use of any prize (including, without limitation, attorneys’ fees, claims, costs, personal injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction or property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory. Sponsor is not responsible if any prize cannot be awarded due to delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism. Miscellaneous
. The decisions of Sponsor are final with respect to all aspects of this Contest. The Contest and these Official Rules will be governed, construed and interpreted under the laws of the State of Utah, without regard to choice of law principles. Except where prohibited, each Entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the applicable state or federal courts situated in Salt Lake City, Utah; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest but in no event attorneys’ fees; (3) under no circumstances will Entrant or any Nominee be permitted to obtain awards for punitive, incidental, special, consequential or other damages, including without limitation, lost profits, (collectively, “Special Damages”); and (4) Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim Special Damages and all rights to have such damages multiplied or increased. The releases hereunder are intended to apply to all claims not known or suspected to exist with the intent of waiving the effect of laws requiring the intent to release future unknown claims. In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Contest is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problems, or any condition caused by events beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor that may cause the Contest to be disrupted or corrupted, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prize from among the non-suspect, eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process, the operation of the Contest, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any applicable laws relating to the Contest, or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, and to resolve all disputes in its sole discretion. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Winners List; Official Rules
. For a list of winners and/or a copy of these Official Rules, contact Sponsor’s Director of Marketing at the address and/or e-mail address noted below. Requests for the winner’s list will only be accepted after the end of the Contest Period. Sponsor
. The Contest is sponsored by Ameritech College LLC (the “Sponsor”). Sponsor’s mailing address is 12257 S Business Park Dr., Suite 100, Draper, Utah 84020. Sponsor’s e-mail address is [email protected]
© 2021 Ameritech College, LLC. All rights reserved.
Facebook® and Instagram® are registered trademarks of Facebook, Inc. LinkedIn® is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Neither Facebook, Inc. nor Microsoft Corporation is affiliated with Sponsor and does not sponsor, endorse, approve, or have any responsibility for this Contest. Abbreviated Rules for Print
NO PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Submission of an Entry does not make an Entrant eligible to win a prize. A payment of any kind will not increase chances of winning. Open only to legal residents of the 50 United States (D.C.), who are of legal age of majority within their state of residence at time of entry. Void where prohibited. Entry begins April 19, 2021 and ends April 25, 2021. For Official Rules, prize description, method of entry and other disclosure, visit www.Ameritech.edu/Swig. Sponsor: Ameritech College LLC, 12257 S Business Park Dr., Suite 100, Draper, Utah 84020. Facebook® and Instagram® are registered trademarks of Facebook, Inc. LinkedIn® is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Neither Facebook, Inc. nor Microsoft Corporation is affiliated with Sponsor and does not sponsor, endorse, approve, or have any responsibility for this Contest.
© 2021 Ameritech College LLC. All rights reserved.