RN-BSN Degree Admissions Requirements
Are you wanting to advance your career as a Registered Nurse? Ameritech College of Healthcare’s RN to BSN Degree Completion program is fast, affordable, and designed in a way to fit a nurse’s busy schedule. Here are some of our admissions requirements.
Acceptance to the RN to BSN Degree Completion program will be on a first-come, first-enrolled basis for those who have completed the specified admissions requirements.
To meet the RN to BSN Degree Completion Program admission requirements, prospective students must:
- Interview with an Admissions Advisor prior to enrollment. During the interview, the goals, objectives, motivations, and commitment level of the applicant will be discussed. Additionally, the program details including schedule, tuition, and other associated costs will be reviewed.
- Have an RN license (attestation if new graduate) to practice as a registered nurse in the United States, prior to start. Please consult Term One, 2-Week Cancellation Policy.
- Have completed an associate degree in nursing.
- The student must provide official transcripts to verify completion of the associate degree. Accreditation must be from a school recognized by the United States Department of Education (DOE). As long as the institution was accredited at the time of program completion, the associate degree will be eligible for transfer.
- The associate degree in nursing will block transfer in 72 semester credit hours of the 120 semester credit hours required for awarding the baccalaureate degree. In addition, the associate degree must include at a minimum 24 semester credit hours of general education courses, as well as 24 semester credit hours of core coursework.
- Have earned a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.5 (out of 4.0) in their previously completed associate degree nursing program.
- Request transfer of additional general education credit hours (if applicable) for the general education courses contained in the BSN Degree Completion program. These courses include English (writing), Psychology, Sociology, and Statistics. Please consult Transfer of Credit on page 26 on the student catalog.
- Students who received their initial pre-licensure nursing education in another country or who graduated from a foreign nursing program must submit their official course-by-course evaluation of the nursing program plan of study to a foreign credentialing evaluation service. The evaluation must be received by the Registrar prior to enrollment in the RN – BSN program. The evaluation must be completed by an evaluation agency that is approved by the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services. (See http://www.naces.org/members.html).
- Ameritech College of Healthcare is not currently approved for distance education in the following states: Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Indiana, Iowa, Maryland, Minnesota, Oregon, and Wisconsin.
For more information related to our admissions requirements, please download our student catalog.
Our Admissions Advisors work with you on an individualized basis to walk you through the process. We also have a number of financial aid programs available for those who qualify. If you’re ready to advance your career as a nurse, click the button below to have someone from our admissions team reach out to you.