Ameritech College of Healthcare Occupational Therapy Assistant (OTA) program is offered exclusively at our Draper campus. You will learn everything you need to know to pass the national certification exam and enter the OTA field with an Associate of Science degree in Occupational Therapy Assistant.
The college admissions process can be a stressful experience, but our Admissions Advisors are here to walk you through the process. Here are some of our admissions requirements:
The OTA program will have a competitive admissions process for those who have completed the admissions requirements.
- Interview with one of our Admissions Advisors prior to enrollment. During the interview, the goals, objectives, motivations, and commitment level of the applicant will be discussed. Additionally, the program details including schedule, tuition, and other associated costs will be reviewed.
- OTA program applicants are required to achieve a minimum score on a standardized entrance exam.
- The test will assess ability in a number of subject areas, which may include math, reading, and language.
- The Admission Assessment Exam may only be taken once per semester start with a maximum of two times in a twelve month period. Please consult the Ameritech Admissions Department for details.
- Multiple test scores will not be averaged. A fee will be assessed for each exam taken. Passing exam scores are valid for one year from the date administered.
- Test scores proctored at institutions other than Ameritech College of Healthcare will be accepted. We also accept official test scores from www.atitesting.com
- Any exceptions must receive the written approval of the Program Director.
- Provide evidence of a High School Diploma, GED equivalent or signed attestation of High School Graduation/GED completion for admittance. If it is discovered that an attestation was falsely signed, the student may be immediately terminated from Ameritech College of Healthcare or denied admissions, if discovery is made prior to the program start. Students may also submit evidence of a college degree from a postsecondary institution whose accreditation is recognized by the United States Department of Education. At this time, Ameritech College of Healthcare does not accept students under “Ability to Benefit” arrangements.
- Pay the required registration fee, which is valid for one year from the date of receipt.
- Complete an Enrollment Packet, which includes the Ameritech College of Healthcare Enrollment Agreement.
- Meet with a member of the Financial Aid Department to make satisfactory financial arrangements to cover the cost of education prior to starting classes. Acceptable financial arrangements include but are not necessarily limited to:
a. Title IV funds
b. Alternative Funding Loans
c. Cash Payment
d. Government Funding (WIA, DWS, Voc Rehab, etc.)
- Complete all Final Application Requirements, including a program application and essay “Why Occupational Therapy is Right for Me” as well as background check and drug screening from our approved sites.
- Attend the required OTA program orientation.
For more detailed information related to our OTA program acceptance process, please download and review this document.
Our Admissions Consultants work with you on an individualized basis to walk you through the process. We also have a number of financial aid programs available for those who qualify. If you’re ready to start your journey towards becoming an Occupational Therapy Assistant, click the button below to have someone from our admissions team reach out to you.