How to get the most out of your weekend
We all the know the feeling. The week moves along at a snail’s pace until Friday finally rolls around. Even if you love what you do as a career or in college, the weekend is a welcome opportunity to unwind and get non-work/school related items off your list. Here are some tips to get the most out of your weekend.
- Plan a few key events. It may seem counterintuitive to schedule your time on the weekend, but setting aside a few hours to complete three to five things on your to-do list will go a long way towards making your week less chaotic. Need to study? Have homework? Behind on cleaning? Two hours devoted to each still leaves you a ton of time to do the fun stuff! Just be sure not to plan every hour! Which brings us to the next point…
- Schedule “you” time. Life pulls us in a lot of directions. Make sure you schedule time to read a good book, take a nap, or simply do the things that make you happy.
- Exercise. Countless studies cite that we are happier after aerobic activity. Make yourself happy and get moving!
- Explore. You don’t need a bucket list to expand your horizon. With two campuses in Utah, many of our students are surrounded by some of the most beautiful scenery in the world. Get out of the house and find something new!
- Focus on others. Oftentimes the best way to unwind is to focus on the people around you. Whether its your children, your friends, or other family members, you’ll find gratification from fulfilling the needs of others.
- Plan the week ahead. It’s common to feel some anxiety as your weekend comes to a close. A great way to ease that feeling is by taking a few minutes to plan your week in advance. Write down the must do’s, should do’s, and want to’s that make up your week. The process will help you feel less overwhelmed about the week ahead.
We challenge you to follow some of these tips this weekend. Let us know how it helped and other tactics you use to get the most out of your weekend. Click this link to post a comment on our Facebook page. Have an outstanding weekend!